- create a quick website based on an existing Azure hosted sql server database
- enable upload of files
- enable user login per project
- enable notification of new uploads
- Create an Azure SQL Server database
- Create SQL with the SSMA (migration assistant) from Access
- ODBC tracing is invaluable
- Simplify, simplify
- Access enginer does a good job of minimising queries if you follow the Form1 -> linked to -> Form2 -> linked to -> Form3
- Import queries to SQL server as Views. Ensure there is a unique index to enable modification.
- Combo boxes - could be lots of queries. Use caching.
- Make a ASP.NET website with "MVC Core Entity Framework "
- Existing DB: Use Microsoft guide to connect to Azure SQL Server and "Scaffold" the classes based on the database
- Create a simple interface (ie. web page) to one of the tables.
- That's the basic concept. Now we need to provide more interface:
- Follow and adapt an example