Setup TimeLapse on RPi
- Enable camera via raspi-config
- Get pi-timolo which provides a nice script set and configuration to run time lapses
- Follow the update instructions on that page.
- Install pi-timolo as a service if you like. I found that troublesome.
- Get Dropbox Upload Scripti which allows uploading to Dropbox. Seup as described.
- Write short python script to upload images.
Convert Images to Movie on Windows 7
This was harder than expected - the following worked with much mucking about on a standard Windows 7 64-bit machine:
- Download FFMpeg and Unzip it.
- Put the directory (eg. ffmpeg-20140507-git-4cdea92-win64-static) somewhere like your desktop
- Run ff-prompt.bat to take you to the command line
- Move to your images location:
- Run ffmpeg on the jpg images in that directory:
ffmpeg.exe -start_number 4935 -r 15 -i DSC%5d.JPG videoname.avi
- Where 4935 is ESSENTIAL if your images don't start at 0
- DSC%5d.jpg grabs images DSC04935.jpg DSC04936.jpg etc. Note the 5 digits
ffmpeg.exe -start_number 1 -r 10 -i c%4d.JPG -vcodec mpeg4 -b 2000k d.avi