Two take on an excellent beer courtesy of a neighbour. October 2019.
- 1kg light malt extract (ie. liquid)
- 2kg malt (dry)
- 60g Cascade Hops (bittering)
- Ale Yeast: 0#4 Safale Yeast
- 60g Cascade Hops (dry hopping)
- 10g Mosaic Hops ( dry hopping)
- (Bulk Prime): 105g dextrose
- 10L boil to dissolve malts (too much – hard to cool)
- Add hops and boil for 20min
- Add to fermenter with cool 5L water (too hot, had to cool)
- Put in fridge, dry pitch yeast at 20°C
- Dry hop in a sock at day 4. Remove at day 8.
- Ferment total of 10 days.
- Bulk prime (105g dextrose) and crown seal
- Taste after 1 week in the bottle: actually already pretty nice! Not a huge hop taste. Good base.