Setting up a R1510-4L 3G router in Australia
The setup is R1510-4L router with Telstra SIM card and Jasper web control. The goal is to setup the router on 3G and configure data allowances, etc.
- Plug into a computer and login to 192.168.0.1. Immediately change Interface>LAN to a 192.168.5.1 to avoid conflicts. Don’t forget (like me) to change the DHCP pool address too!
- In theory the SIM should just connect and on Jasper you see “activated” it can take a while.
- In practice I need to change APN in Interface>WWAN1 from Auto to “telstra.internet”
- System>Debug is good to watch to see it trying to activate.
- Interface>WWAN1 has a upload rate and data allowance setting
- Turn off everything not required (e.g. ssh, telnet).
- Using a VPN, ‘local’ appears to apply to the VPN (?)
- Telnet appears open and working AFTER disabling ! A firmware upgrade and reboot did not fix this.