Another take with stronger hops on an excellent beer courtesy of a neighbour. Jan 2020.
- 1.5kg light malt extract (ie. liquid)
- 2kg malt (dry)
- 50g Target Hops (bittering)
- Ale Yeast: 0#4 Safale Yeast
- 50g Target Hops (dry hopping)
- (Bulk Prime): 105 (?) g dextrose
- 7L boil to dissolve malts
- Immediately add hops and boil for 60min
- Add to fermenter with cool 5L water (too hot, had to cool). Fill to about 18L to get SG1.055
- Put in fridge controlled to 18°C, dry pitch yeast at 20°C the next day.
- Accidently cooled for 24hr to about 10°C. Fixed back to 18°C
- Dry hop on day 5 – just throw in 50g of target hops
- Ferment total of ? days.
- Bulk prime (105?g dextrose) and crown seal
- Day 5: strong bitter hop taste. good. strong and bitter at end. will